Friday, March 20, 2015

Still here.

I started a post last Sunday - almost a week ago now. We had a very sub-par beginning of the week health-wise, so I'm just glad that it's Friday.

Right now the boys are singing to themselves while they have some rest time in anticipation of tonight's preschool fundraiser. Evelyn is napping to fortify her little self for a big night out. It's a pasta dinner. With the teachers there. And a magic show. And dessert. Does it get any better? I don't think so. They've already made some artwork to present to their teachers when they see them tonight out of sheer love and happiness to be back doing what they're supposed to be doing: playing at preschool.

This weekend I want to scrub the car, scrub the house, and start looking towards spring. Maybe we'll plant some seedlings and set them in the front window to sprout.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

Here's that post which was abandoned last Sunday:

There are snowdrops that seem to have sprung overnight (really - they weren't there three days ago, which is crazy-amazing), and little daffodil greens are standing at attention, poking up out of goopy, gloppy mudslicks all over the neighborhood. Today the temperature is supposed to get up to 70. What?! It's madness.

Yesterday morning Mike spotted the first red robin of spring. March 15. Right on time.

I sang a church job and lined up a few more Sundays. I felt terribly out of shape and give myself a 6/10 for my technical portion of the presentation, but I tried to be all heart and deliver 10/10 for musicality. Later in the day I went for a run and, once again, felt a bit out of shape. It's true that we just have to start somewhere.

We've sporadically enjoyed the park and reconnecting with our neighborhood friends, but the weather can't be counted on just yet. Maybe by the end of the month.