Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Sounds of spring

The weather has warmed (just a bit, but enough to make us all feel sparkly and alive again), and the sun has been shining. I think Spring might just come back someday, after all.

I recorded a little audio clip on our walk home from preschool drop off on Monday morning.  I just listened to it again with memories of this afternoon fresh in my mind. We had the windows open and muddy boys sloshing in and out of the house: snow + sun + 50 degrees = mud! And icy puddles for toy boat sailing! Did you know that the (very cold) Amazon River was in our backyard today? It's true. Evelyn and I crawled around in the sun room, scrubbing the lower parts of the walls, the boot bench, the window sills... spring makes me want to scrub everything.

As I listened to my little clip of our walk, I noticed three things in the following order:

1) We're outside... walking and not in the car! You can hear the stroller shocks squeak a bit, the whoosh of a car that drives by, my rhythmical footsteps... it all sounds like outside. This is so wonderfully different from the inside we've had for the last 3 months.
2) Birds! Tweeting their little hearts out!
3) A chatty, happy baby girl.

Yes. I changed the blog banner to tulips. That's what happens when you give me clear skies and temps that won't freeze snot. I start to get all excited for flowers and bare toes. I've got a ways to go before either of those things happen, but humor me, people.