Thursday, June 14, 2012

2012 Garden

My garden schematic for this year (click for bigger):
To be honest, much of this has changed. Along the way, I made changes realizing I had too many squash plants or not enough tomatoes (never!) or to just leave room for any other spontaneous veggie acquisitions later in the season.
Also, some of the beds were planted with Christopher's help and as a result, they are a little less organized than last year (read: I'll have to wait until things grow up a bit more to figure out what is where).
Things are growing - we had our first green salad from the garden tonight. Fresh garden lettuce is so tender. It was delicious. And we had a small snack of strawberries from our little berry patch this morning after watering the beds. That's always fun. Amazing how sweet and juicy they were... if I only lived on a few acres... the things I could grow!!!