Thursday, July 10, 2008

Checking in.

We're rehearsing at a private school which has also hosted a few other summer activities/organizations in addition to Ash Lawn Opera. One of the programs brought in a petting zoo for an afternoon.

Those of us who'd packed dinner decided to serenade the animals (okay, not really, but it made for some funny photos)...


I'm holding a Japanese Bantam hen. I was told that it's a rare breed known for its fluffy feathers. I was merely hoping that it didn't relieve itself on me.

And a photo from the first performance of the season, Broadway Bound. I sang excerpts from West Side Story and Oklahoma! A good time was had by all. Sitting to my right is the fabulous mezzo who will be singing the role of Carmen this summer and the other three are fellow apprentices this summer at ALO.

This week we're getting worked over by the Carmen artistic staff. We've staged the opera in four days and will have a day off tomorrow to digest the whole thing. Saturday and Sunday are performances of My Fair Lady and then next week we have a tech rehearsal, a Sitzprobe and a dress rehearsal for Carmen. Friday night is Mozart & More (opera scenes) and Saturday night Carmen opens!

Hang on...