Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Composing

Colin, Evelyn and I played the piano for a while last night. The three of us snugly fit on the piano bench side-by-side and we are each delegated a section of the piano for freestyle jamming. Colin is usually The Designator of Things when it's the three of us. Oldest child present, and all...

He'd shout out a composition name and then we'd all have a go (together) at the piano in the style which seemed to suit the title. While the playing was certainly memorable (read: loud and raucous), the titles were really the best.

We started off with Thunderstorm and then moved on to The Rabbit Fell Into the Ocean and Was Gobbled By A Whaleshark.

We ended with My Uncle Has Been Eaten By A Badger. Hmm. Foreboding, to say the least.
I haven't warned my brother, yet. Maybe I should?!