Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone out there. You are loved.

In short order, the love of my life will be home after an extra-long day of work. He's my most favorite person in the whole world, you know. He's written me a Valentine's Day poem every single year for the last 18 years. (I had to count that up twice just to be sure!) I loved this year's edition. :)

After almost 18 full years together, 2+ kids, graduate school, a mortgage and minivan, various jobs and homes made all over the world... we still laugh with each other. We make decisions together. We are each other's biggest supporter and fiercest defender. He is the most important person in the world to me and I to him. The most important.

Our children are spectacularly lovely and we spend much of our time striving to provide for their happiness and well-being. We made them and obviously, we think they're pretty great.

But, ultimately, at the end of the day, it's about the two of us. And we're pretty darn good together.