Saturday, September 25, 2010

Assorted things of note.

1. I thought that the blowouts created by a 100% breastmilk diet were behind us (pun intended) now that we're all into a nice mix of solids. Apparently not as there are still costume changes required throughout the day. BUMMER. If only I could convince Christopher that a diet including something other than fruit and vegetables might be worth considering.

1a. What will we do when pears are out of season? Let's not even think about it.

2. Christopher and a little almost-1 year old girl kissed at playgroup the other day. What?!?! I know. A younger woman! It was cute and then surprising and then a little shocking as my mind raced forward 14 (13? 12?) years. Wait! Let's not go there.

3. After two weeks of practice, he is now 95% bi-ped. Way too grown up for that crawling thing now that he's 13 months old.

4. I love this blog and THIS POST at Jennifer Rivera's fabulous site. Judging by a 7-degrees-of-separation kind of measurement, I'd say that she and I are about 2 degrees away from knowing each other. Fact is, the entire opera world goes in about 2 degree increments. It's tiny. I love this post because, if she's on *that* side of the glass, then I'm on *this* side of the glass. Does that make sense? It's never easy.

5. Mike's group moved into their lab! The steady path to world domination via ribosomal machinations may now proceed with full steam.

6. We bought gourds at the Farmer's Market this morning and a flat of tomatoes so that I can make some sauce. Mmmm. Our tomato plants in the backyard are going bonkers, too.

7. By the time we left the market, C had crumbles of pumpkin scone lodged all the way down to his bellybutton on the inside of his overalls and only one half sock on his right foot. And he was exceedingly happy with himself.

8. Thursday we had the entire playgroup over for what seemed to be summer's last hurrah. 10 babies between 4-15 months old and their mamas with push toys and a water table. We enjoyed the 89 degree weather and today... it's 55 degrees.

9. Number 9, number 9, number 9... the foam square that is C's favorite.

10. Time for a shower so that I can wake him up from that nap I insisted that he take... ahh, the brink of another napping transition.