Thursday, May 20, 2010

Trying to be mindful.

We lucked out two-fold on our transatlantic flight home from Rome.

1) The plane was about 2/3rds full. This meant we swapped around seats with a lovely woman traveling solo and managed to get our own middle row of 3 seats across. This made nursing, sleeping and playing much, much easier.

2) Someone had left behind a Time magazine in our seat pocket! We haven't subscribed to Newsweek in ages, but were happy to have the chance to read while taking turns with the baby or while he slept. Grown up reading! (Not that we don't love "Five Little Ladybugs", but... well, you know.)

Cancer, Cancer Everywhere

I clipped the above article which affirmed my organic choices. Sometimes I start to feel like the organic thing is just an expensive choice, not a necessary one for us. Reading things like this helps boost my resolve!

And the article inspired me to get rid of as much plastic as possible when we land in our new place. I'd like to get a set of glass containers so that I can reheat in the microwave and store leftovers without thinking about the plastic issue... even if they're BPA-free...

I'm thinking of these glass bowls with lids from Crate & Barrel.

Or maybe I should just scoot down to Goodwill and see what they have there?