Thursday, April 8, 2010

Two things

1) I made yogurt! No really, I made it last night from a quart of lowfat milk and a scoop of Stoneyfield Farms Plain that we had in the fridge. We go through yogurt like crazy, so I thought I'd try it... and it worked! For once, I'm the one playing with bacteria instead of Mike.

First, I scolded the milk (bad Milk!). Ha! No, actually, I scalded it and then I cooled it off and then added the other yogurt and then left it all wrapped up in towels on the back of the stove for a long time so that it could think about WHY I'd scolded it in the first place... and lo, there was yogurt. And it is good!

2) There are spring things out there! Spring means crocuses and there are scads of them blooming right now. Gorgeous.

2a) It is 38 degrees out there right now... but I have toasted homemade bread with honey on it. So everything is OK.