Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Gone so long

Since we last saw each other dear blog readers, Mike and I have been to California, France, Italy, California - Part Deux - Evanston, IL... and are now hunkered down* for the summer in Cambridge.

Here we are in front of Chambord, a gorgeous chateau in the Loire Valley in late May. I'm sporting a croissant-fed (as opposed to corn-fed?!) baby bump.


Recently created: Chocolate Chip Cookies with odds and ends from the cupboard. This means I used whole wheat pastry flour, toasted oatmeal flakes, wheat bran, wheat germ, a little flaxseed and the rest of the usual suspects. They're crunchy but chewy and freaking delicious. I now deign this the summer of adventurous cooking. (Translation: We're moving in September, so I might as well use up the random bits that are lining the pantry shelves.)

Must see: Julie & Julia. (<-- Click that link for the movie site and watch the trailer!) I read this book (based on the author's blog) in the spring and loved it. I'm so excited that it's going to be a movie now! And with Meryl Streep playing Julia Child - does it get any better than that?! Opening August 7th. I'm there.

*"Hunkered down" is actually accurate since it feels like early spring with more than a week of continuous gray skies and rain and temps in the low 60s... or it feels like Copenhagen in June...