Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Hearsay

Wednesday, October 26 @ 8:30am
Toddler sits in living room with "The Origin of Species" propped open on his lap. He slowly drags his left(!) pointer finger across a page full of 10 point font lettering while narrating:
"Strawberries, apples and coffee. Now I need to cook together the next things..."
I think he was reading a recipe. :)

Saturday, October 29 @ 7:42am
Two adults and toddler at the breakfast table enjoying piping hot pumpkin pancakes. Infant in bouncy chair on floor. Father says to toddler:
"Christopher, I don't want you to put your head in your syrup, please."
Doesn't everyone start off their weekend like that?

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes
- please try these.
They combine the best of fall + buttermilk pancake deliciousness.
My mods: instead of fiddling with all of the different spices, I add 2 teaspoons of Pumpkin Pie Spice (Trader Joe's makes a good one). And try to use cake flour. It makes them... well... cakier.