Tuesday, August 24, 2010

7 and 7


Last Monday, Mike and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary with a little bike ride up to the Wilmette town center for dinner. It was a cool summer evening and I was reminded of our evenings out in Copenhagen and how it felt to be out at night riding home from fun with friends or fun simply with each other.

We have a loose no-gifts rule for occasions such as anniversaries and holidays like Mother's/Father's Day, Easter, etc... but we usually give each other cards. And Mike does bring me flowers on these days more often than not. Those gorgeous roses are still going strong over a week later! Decadent.

Anyhoo. While writing a little note to him this year, I realized that this year marks not only our 7th wedding anniversary, but also the 14th year that we have known (and been enamored with, dare I say) each other.

Seven and seven.
xxxxxxx
ooooooo