Thursday, June 10, 2010

A list.

Not as in "The A List" but merely... a list. Because when I'm out with the kiddo thinking of all the fabulous things I want to blog about, I come home and those thoughts have left me and so... here, cobbled together for your enjoyment (in no particular order), I give you...

A list.

1) Graham crackers are GOOD! We were out errand-ing today and needed a quick munchie. When was the last time I had one of these suckers? And can we be honest and call them what they are? Graham COOKIES.
Wonder if I can successfully make any of those graham cracker recipes I see out there online.

2) We are now cloth diapering. It's good for many reasons: I have the time, I have the washer (yeehaw!), it's good for the earth and it's good for my wallet since I'm no longer using quarters for laundry. Yip yip! I tried a few different kinds of pocket diapers, and my favorite brand is FuzziBunz. Mike had a hard time remembering the name for the first week so we heard many variations including FunnyBunnies, FunnyBunz, FuzzyBunnies, etc etc.

3) I miss being walking distance to downtown Evanston. But I love our backyard and our neighborhood. *sigh* Darn car. Maybe we'll hook up the child bike seat this weekend...

4) Christopher crawls like a little bulldozing grizzly bear. A kissable, bulldozing grizzly with sticky banana fingers and cheeks glazed with shreds of pureed spinach and bread crumbs. A 9.5 month old in June is a wonderful thing.

5) We have a baby gate. We'll need to get another one soon. Does this make us old?

6) Fair season and farmer's market season has returned. Excellent!

7) Mike has been jogging with C in BOB a couple of mornings each week. They come back sweaty and happy (there's usually a park-swing break in there, from what I understand), and while they've been out playing with BOB, I've been savoring Joe.

8) Monthly date nights have been initiated in a swap with friends who have a little boy 6 weeks older than Christopher. It's a great set up. Our first evening out was for my birthday last week.. we saw Sex and the City 2. (Hey, it was my birthday, not Mike's.) Mike got major husband points for viewing 2-1/2 hours of Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte in lots of faaaab clothes.

9) Our garden is springing up! The only question is: will it produce anything before the season is over?

10) Hartigan's. It's an 8 minute walk from our front door. Yum.