Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fireworks over the Charles

Image from: thebostonguide.planeteye.com

Last night we went down to the banks of the Charles River along with a few of our closest friends (like 750,000 of them) to watch the Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular.

It was, indeed, spectacular. I don't think I've ever seen fireworks like that before. We were practically sitting beneath them and could feel each boom shake our innards and the ground we were sitting on. It was thrilling!

This is one of Boston's big events. Mike went to watch the show last year with friends while I was singing in Virginia and I'm so glad that I was able to see it this year before we move. The city of Evanston presents a fireworks show over the lake on the 4th, but somehow I don't think it will compare with what Boston can do!